Launch of the ICONIC AWARDS: Innovative Architecture Competition – the German Design Council's international competition which honours the best architectural and design solutions. The winners will be presented with their awards at the Pinakothek der Moderne gallery in Munich. The deadline for submissions is 17 May 2019.
Architects, engineers, specialist planners, agencies and design studios, construction and real estate companies as well as manufacturers of materials, building technology, fittings, plumbing and bathroom products, etc., are invited to submit their projects by 17 May 2019.
The jury will decide who is to receive the “Selection”, “Winner” and “Best of Best” titles. They will also award the special prizes “Architects of the Year” and “Interior Designers of the Year”, each carrying EUR 10,000 in prize money – as well as the honorary prize, “Architects’ Client of the Year”.
Members of the jury
- Asif Khan, Asif Khan Ltd., London
- Jonghwan Baek, WGNB, Seoul
- Michel Casertano, Atelier Brückner GmbH, Stuttgart
- Marco Dessí, Studio Marco Dessí, Vienna
- Wiebke Lang, designreport, Frankfurt am Main
- Silvia Olp, Phoenix Design, Stuttgart/Munich/Shanghai
- Linda Stannieder, GRAFT BRANDLAB GmbH, Berlin
- Andrej Kupetz, German Design Council, Frankfurt am Main
Dates at a glance
- Submissions deadline: 17 May 2019
- Early-bird entry fee valid until 12 April 2019
- Awards ceremony: 7 October 2019 at the Pinakothek der Moderne gallery in Munich, during the EXPO Real trade fair
For more information about the competition please visit: https://en.innovative-architecture.de
The German Design Council
The German Design Council is one of the world’s leading centres of expertise in communication and knowledge transfer in the design and branding sectors. The foundation currently includes more than 300 companies among its associates. The German Design Council was founded in 1953 on the initiative of the German Bundestag to support and enhance design expertise in the German economic sector. It pursues a wide range of activities with a single goal: to raise awareness of how to increase brand value on a sustained basis via the strategic use of design.